Friday, October 17, 2014

AC sweet AC

In the last few weeks we have been here, we have been experiencing many new things in our lives. I think I will try to focus on one thing at a time in each of the blogs.  Partly because I think since it is a small community I will probably run out of things to write about and partly because it makes it easier for me if I can just focus on one topic.  So for this blog I thought I would write about our home.

When we arrived here, we were tired and crashed.  But now that we have been here, we have gotten a chance to enjoy this beautiful house that has been provided for us.  We live in a 3 bedroom house that is about 3800 square feet.  I knew this information before we arrived and if you are like me you are wondering where all that square footage is coming from.  There are three other rooms that aren't mentioned.  It has an office, a small bedroom downstairs and a family room upstairs. Here are some pictures: 

    Family room and dining room downstairs  Looking from the family room to the dining and kitchen

Kitchen

Upstairs Family Room

All the furniture is top notch and same with the art work, lighting and pretty much everything throughout the house.  I think the girls believe we have moved to a real princess castle.

Of course with every princess there must be a pet right? Rapunzel has Pascal the Chameleon, Brave has Angus her Clydesdale horse, Cinderella has all the birds and mice, Jack and Gus... (Probably more than you wanted to know about Disney Princesses, but there is a point)  We have Geckos.  They are little and they pop up here and there around the house.  John catches them and delivers them outside.  But they still show up again... Below is a picture of one we were not able to catch:


The backyard is small and when you open the sliding glass door it will automatically lock if you close it behind you.  It is all patio from the house to the wall and only enough room for a 6 person table and chairs, which they actually provide.  If you walk to the right, on the side of the house there is a little more room with a small patch of grass and another patio.  It feels small.  Which I was rather sad about when we first got here and I looked into finding another house with a larger back yard.  I found out that isn't really an option at this point, but since then have found we also really don't go outside much.




  Another thing, I had not considered until we got here is the hum of the AC.  When we are outside, we hear it buzzing in the background and when we are inside, we hear it as a constant white noise. Of course we love the AC.  It is a welcome reprieve whenever we are walking home from school or from the bus stop.  We can't quite hear it so much in the front yard.  We have started to enjoy a new habit of sitting out in the front yard and eating strawberry banana smoothies.  Yummmm!